[cmaster-next] RD/RT discussion from Technical Meeting Yesterday

Philippe Guibert philippe.guibert at 6wind.com
Fri Dec 2 12:33:06 EST 2016

Hi all,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Lou Berger <lberger at labn.net> wrote:

> > router bgp AAA ! core instance
> >
> >  address-family vpnv4 | vpnv6 | evpn
> >
> >    Network <vpnv4> or <RT2/RT5> config [ rd <> ( could be used) ?]
> >
> >    neighbor ... ! PE session
> >

> >    vrf <VRFNAME1>
> >
> >      rt {import|export|both} RTLIST
> >
> >      rd {automatic|VALUE}
> >
> >      network <> [<rd>]    ! <- most used hopefully

I had one question about network command under bgp vrf subnode.

It does the same as if I was  using network under address-family subnode.
Right ?

If yes, then I suppose that the BGP daemon can be configured with 2
addresses families.
Let's suppose EVPN and VPNv4.
So, does that mean that the command is applied to both families ?

> > For VRF's  would we extend this to MAC VRF's also?
> IMO yes (plus some additional EVPN info under the core instance and
> perhaps a new 'bridge|mac' statement at the same level as router ).
> Lou
>

>From [EVPN - notes on the Cumulus implementation], I was wondering if it
was possible to add vni subcommand under bgp vrf subnode.
As mentioned by cumulus documentation, the RDs are formed as "RouterID:VNI"
and the RTs (import and export) are formed using
"AS:VNI". Having that command under VRF coud mean that with VNI, the RD and
RT would be automatically set ?

Regards,

Philippe