[cmaster-next] stable/2.0 close-down

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Mon Dec 5 10:55:30 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I've just merged Renato's RIP & BGP cleanups, which came with a zebra
namespace rework/cleanup.

This was pretty much exactly at the limit of what I think was still
acceptable for a "stable/" branch, but I'd like to progress clamping
down on the "allowed impact" of changes.

Donald & I are in agreement that, for "stable/2.0", there should be:
- no new features
- no reworks
(Please voice your disagreement if you have any!)

On the other hand, please *do* send:
- bugfixes in general
- bugfixes for regressions
- build system fixes
- documentation updates

However, even bugfixes should hopefully get smaller and smaller now.  We
need to make sure the limes converges towards a release :)

Cheers,

-David