[cmaster-next] Technical Meeting Agenda

Philippe Guibert philippe.guibert at 6wind.com
Tue Dec 6 09:11:10 EST 2016

Hello,

I added in point 3) Capnproto, 3)RD/RT and 4)EVPN some precisions.

https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2016-December/016510.html

>> 3) RD/RT

o RD/RT config impementation review

https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2016-December/016504.html

o I had a question about network command under bgp vrf subnode.

It does the same as if I was  using network under address-family subnode.
I mean it creates an entry in global RIB. Right ?

If yes, then I suppose that the BGP daemon can be configured with 2
addresses families.
Let's suppose EVPN and VPNv4.
So, does that mean that the command is applied to both families ?

>> 4) EVPN

By looking deeper at EVPN implementation from Cumulus.
I have some remarks:
- about the way to configure the VNI.

I think it could be possible to append vni configuiration into bgp vrf subnode.
Like that, it should be possible to have automatic values configured (
by vni value), or setting the wished values.
This would permit from benefiting from current vrf implementation (
multiple import export communities instead of one).
Whatever, the automatic mecanism to get import RT and RD is good to keep.

- about prefix impact, I see that the vni ID is kept in prefix.h. If
we want to have an EVPN implementation that works for MPLs and VXLan,
it should be better to use eth_tag instead ( defined by rfc7432).

- about the creation of entries, all MAC-only entries are derived from
information retrieved by Zebra. Unless unnoticed, is there a way to
configure an entry by using vty command.

Based on this assumption, what about following proposal of adding a
RT2 set command

EVPN RT2 support + RouterMAC BGP extended community
network A.B.C.D rd ASN:nn_or_IP-address:nn ethtag WORD
                              mac WORD esi WORD
                              l2label WORD l3label WORD
                              routermac WORD

Best Regards,