[cmaster-next] AFI/SAFI discussion

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Dec 5 11:16:43 EST 2016

David and I just had a quick discussion on AFI/SAFI handling in
Quagga.  Capturing result of conversation here:

1) Change #defines in zebra.h of SAFI_XXX to an enum as well as
modifying them to SAFI_INT_XXX
    -> the _INT_ is to tell the world that these are internal values only.

2) lib/prefix.[ch] has code to map internal/external AFI/SAFI values.

I am going to submit patches for #1 and #2 hopefully in the next few days.

This mapping between internal and IETF AFI/SAFI values is there to
allow bgp to not have a sparse array for peer information.  I think
that there is desire to move away from this solution.  We do not have
anything designed at this point beyond vague hand waving :)

donald